We offer a full range of property services whether you are a buyer, seller, landlord or looking to rent a home.
Our tailored approach puts the customer at the heart of everything we do at Space Residential. We have a number of trusted services and reliable contractors available through our extensive network of providers.
If you are selling, our online capabilities mean that your property is viewable across the globe at the touch of a button. The moment that you decide to put your house on the market, Space Residential will be ready to start the marketing process and get you moving towards sale and completion.
We will advise you on how to best present your home to the market, this may vary from arranging bouquets of flowers and fluffing the pillows to light refurbishments, planning applications or even full scale property development.
We are dedicated to orchestrating the sale and purchase of homes in our area. This is our specialism and we believe in sticking to what we know and doing it to the very best of our abilities.
Buying and selling a home is normally the largest financial transaction that we make. We believe it makes sense to ensure that you have all the financial information you require at an early stage of the buying and selling process so that you know where you stand. Space Residential have close ties to a local firm of reputable specialist financial advisers, who are available to assist you with advice about mortgages, insurance, pensions and investments. Why not make an appointment to meet a specialist at a time that suits you. Click here for one of our dedicated professionals to contact you or call us on 0208 906 2222 for further information.
We take the stress out of letting your property with our customer-focussed approach. Our network of contacts in the trade industry is made up of many trusted and respected contractors, allowing us to provide links with the services your property may require. We offer the following services depending on your needs and requirements:
(Subject to certain criteria and available ONLY on certain tenancies)
Referenced Tenants and Guarantors:
This is for landlords who wish to manage their own property but still wish to utilize the services of a professional agent to find a suitable tenant. These include:-
- Property inspection & valuation
- Advertising & Marketing of property
- Accompanied viewings
- Selecting suitable tenant(s) & subsequent referencing
- Preparation of Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement – minimum 12 months
- Collection of deposit (or bond) – usually equivalent to 6 weeks rent
- Collection of month 1 rent *Transfer of rent to landlord’s bank account less our fees
Tenant Find & Management
This is a comprehensive service, which allows the agent to collect the monthly rents and organise the maintenance requirements on behalf of the landlord. As per the Tenant find plus;
- Collection of monthly rents & subsequent transfers to landlord bank account
- Detailed monthly statements
- Organise repairs and/or maintenance
- Carrying out inspections
- Carrying out the Final Inspection which includes appointing an Independent Inventory Clerk, reading the meters, collecting keys.
We are also happy to advise on;
Saftey Regulations & Guidance
It is imperative that all landlords comply with the various safety regulations before they can enter into a Tenancy Agreement with a tenant. Failure to comply can lead to criminal or civil prosecution. The matters that a landlord has to consider are:-
- THE GAS SAFETY (INSTALLATION & USE) REGULATIONS 1998
- THE ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (SAFETY) REGULATIONS 1994 From 01/01/2005
- PART B BUILDING REGULATIONS (Electric Safety in Dwellings)
- THE FURNITURE AND FURNISHINGS (Fire) (Safety) REGULATIONS 1998 (Amended 1993)
- DEPOSIT PROTECTION SERVICE
We maintain a flexible attitude, and are generally able to adapt our service to meet our client's individual circumstances and needs, for example by providing a LET ONLY SERVICE, RENT COLLECTION SERVICE, or alternatively by taking on additional tasks and duties. These services are available on request.
Landlord Fees & Charges (all plus V.A.T)
Commission charge to the landlord for arranging a letting
At 8% of rents receivable based on a period of 12 months.
Rent collection charge to the landlord for collecting rent and providing monthly statements of account
At 3% of rents receivable based on a period of 12 months.
Management commission payable by the landlord for managing the property (Inc. of rent collection service above)
At 5% of the gross yearly rents received
Rent Guarantee Policy
£245-£300 depending on length of policy and number of tenants (Inc. of I.P.T.)
Inventory fees - Payable by Landlord at check-in depending on size of property
Will vary between: £120.00 to £200.00
Gas Safety Certificate - Payable by Landlord at check-in if they are unable to produce their own copy which is required by Law.
Landlord - £100
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) - Payable by Landlord at check-in if they are unable to produce their own copy which is required by Law.
Landlord - £75
Administration charge relating to deposit protection.
Landlord - £150
Renewals & Other Charges during tenancy
Renewal charges to landlord for renewing tenancy
Due when it expires with the existing tenant renewing. Commission will reduce each year by 1% of the previous annual fee for the previous 12 month tenancy period payable in advance reducing to a minimum of 5% p.a.
Charges for statutory notices e.g. Section 21 or Section 8
Landlord - £100 if not under full management otherwise included in fees.
Charges for dishonoured payments, e.g. cheques bounced.
Landlord - £25
Charges for inspections and full report
Landlord - £100 if not under full management otherwise included in fees.
Charges if required to attend court, prepare court documents or assist with tenants’ eviction
Will vary depending on work involved but normally worked out at a rate of £150 per hour
Interest charges payable on late payments @ 8% p.a.
Becoming a tenant is made simple with our accessible and open service, dealing with any and all issues that could arise. We can tailor our services to suit your needs and your landlord’s, creating a friendly and straightforward interface to keep your life hassle-free. Renting is not always a simple process, but our staff are trained to explain to you what you will need to provide and help you along with the referencing process every step of the way.
As a rough guide, you will normally be asked to provide the following information:
- A minimum of 3 months banks for each tenant
- A minimum of 3 months’ pay slips for each tenant
- Proof of current employment, and normally a reference from your employer
- Current and valid I.D. (Passport or Identity Card with current VISA if applicable)
- A previous Landlords reference
In addition we may also request further information on your background as we see fit including but not limited to a full Credit Check, Proof of no criminal convictions or CCJ’s and a character reference if deemed necessary.
Permitted payments and tenant protection information
As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposits (a maximum of 1 week's rent);
- Deposits (a maximum deposit of 5 weeks' rent for annual rent below £50,000, or 6 weeks' rent for annual rental of £50,000 and above);
- Payments to change a tenancy agreement eg. change of sharer (capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs);
- Payments associated with early termination of a tenancy (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs);
- Where required, utilities (electricity, gas or other fuel, water, sewerage), communication services (telephone, internet, cable/satellite television), TV licence;
- Council tax (payable to the billing authority);
- Interest payments for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate);
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices;
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of a tenancy agreement; and any other permitted payments under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 and regulations applicable at the relevant time.
Retained Property Searches
We are also able to offer this service to our clients. The Director of the Company has been successfully conducting personal Property Searches for Clients since 2001 so has plenty of experience and knowledge in this very specialised area.
Property search is when you employ a Search Agent to work for you the buyer. It’s their job to act for you, advising and negotiating on your behalf to ensure you find and secure the best property according to your needs and wants. This often involves dealing with properties that are not readily available on the open market and is a discreet and bespoke service carefully tailored to each individual client.
A small fee is normally paid upfront and the balance being a percentage of the purchase price on exchange of contracts. By retaining the services of a Property Search Agent you will have the luxury of a tapping into the resources, knowledge and experience of an industry professional and crucially he or she will be on YOUR side to represent you during the minefield of finding, negotiating on your new purchase.
Please enquire for full details and the terms and conditions.
Whether you need an architect or interior designer, cleaner or gardener, mortgage adviser or removal firm, solicitor or surveyor, we work with some of the best and will be happy to help.
Regulation and Codes of Practice
Space Residential are members of a number of corporate bodies that provide clients, including; sellers, buyers, landlords and tenants with assurances that they will receive the highest level of customer service.
Please see details below of the corporate bodies we belong to: